Cast iron butterfly valve, also called flap valve, is a simple-structured regulating valve, and it can also be used for on-off control of low-pressure pipeline media. The Cast iron butterfly valve produced by Milestone Valve Company is of high-end quality and good sealing performance. It is suitable for water supply and drainage and gas pipelines of food, medicine, chemical industry, petroleum, electric power, textile, papermaking, etc. whose temperature is ≤150℃ and nominal pressure is ≤1.6MPa. As the function of regulating flow and intercepting medium, the performance of Cast iron butterfly valve is stable, which is well received by the majority of users.
|Type of Valve||Cast iron butterfly valve|
|Design Temperature Range||-15℃～150℃|
|Connection type:||Flanged, Wafer ,Butt weld, Lug|
|Actuator type||Manual drive, Pneumatic, Hydraulic or electric Actuator|
|Sealing||Soft seal, Metal Hard Seal|
|Applicable Medium||Water, oil, gas, and various corrosion medium|
Material of main parts
|Body||Gray Iron, Ductile Iron|
|Disc||Ductile iron, Stainless Steel|
|Stem||Stainless steel, duplex steel|
|Sealing||O-ring, NBR, EPDM, FKM|
1) Cast iron butterfly valve is small in size, light in weight, easy to disassemble and repair, and can be installed in any position;
2) Cast iron butterfly valve is simple in structure, compact, and can be opened and closed quickly by 90°rotation;
3) Cast iron butterfly valve has small operating torque, labor-saving and light-weight;
4) The number of opening and closing tests of the Cast iron butterfly valve is as many as 10,000 times, and the life is long;
5) Cast iron butterfly valve seals can be replaced, and the sealing performance is reliable to achieve two-way sealing with zero leakage.
6) Cast iron butterfly valve sealing material has the characteristics of aging resistance, corrosion resistance and long service life.
A customer in Maldives asks:
A butterfly valve is required for the drainage system. Can a Cast iron butterfly valve be used? Which is more durable, cast iron butterfly valve or carbon steel butterfly valve?
If it is used in a drainage system, the Cast iron butterfly valve is sufficient. The tensile strength and yield strength of the Cast iron butterfly valve can match the carbon steel material. It is used in ordinary water, salt water, steam, etc. In the piping system, the corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance of ductile iron materials are even better than that of carbon steel materials. More importantly, the cost of ductile iron materials is lower than that of cast steel materials. So as far as you said for drainage, Cast iron butterfly valve can be used.
Carbon steel material has a wider temperature resistance and pressure bearing capacity than ductile iron, so in high temperature and high pressure conditions, it is still necessary to use carbon steel butterfly valves.
1. Can i have a sample order for valve ?
A: Yes, we welcome sample order to test and check the quality, Mixed sample are accepted.
2. Do you have any MOQ limit for valve order ?
A: Low MOQ, 1 PC for sample checking is avaible.
3. Could you offer OEM service ?
A: Yes, OEM is availble.
4. How about the payment ?
A: We normally accept 30% deposit, and balance will be paid before shipping. L7C is OK
5. Whafs the delivery time of your butterfly valves?
A: For most of the sizes,DN50-DN600,we have stock of valve parts,it*s possible to deliver in 1-3 weeks,to nearest seaport Tianjin.
6. Whafs the warranty of your products?
A:We normally offer 12 months of warranty in service or 18 months since shipping date.
7. What is your products standardization?
A: GB/T12238-2008, JBfT 8527-1997, API 609,EN 593-1998, DIN 85003-3-1997